covid-19 mockup (Previous Page)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has created a webpage with information and many resources about coronavirus.
Please follow this link to the main webpage for coronavirus:
- On March 23, new operational guidance and upcoming webinar dates were issued in Announcement 20-027 which included operational guidance for Providers of P/FDS, Community Living, and Consolidated Waivers as well as for Adult Autism Waivers. Also attached was a Provider Plan Change Template.
Announcement 20-028 included a Post Acute and Long Term Care COVID-19 Toolkit developed by ODP. An update was also issued for ODPANN 20-019: Guidance for Developmental Programs Providers which included clarification for Supports Coordination Organizations.
- On March 19, the Department of Humans Services, the Office of Developmental Programs and BAS issued a notification entitled "Explaining Social Distancing". It provides information links defining this health practice and how it can prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
- On March 18, the Office of Developmental Programs and BAS issued a notification entitled "Knowledge Is Power". It provides information and links explaining how to best assist and provide recently developed COVID-19 resources for individuals on the Autism Spectrum.
- On March 17, the Office of Developmental Programs issued Announcement 20-023 outlining functions managed by the Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) that will be suspended statewide for the next 14 days, effective March 17, 2020. Announcement 20-024 was also released regarding a COVID-19 Provider Information Tool.
- On March 16, the Office of Developmental Programs issued Announcement 20-022 containing important information about facilities licensed under 55 Pa. Code Chapters 2380 and 2390 and 6 Pa. Code Chapter 11; including provisions for the redeployment of direct support professionals for essential health and safety functions. An update to Announcement 20-020 guidance for affected counties was also issued.
- On March 14, Governor Wolf Offers COVID-19 Community Preparedness and Procedures Materials
- On March 13, Deputy Secretary, Kristin Ahrens and Medical Director, Dr. Gregory Cherpes hold a webinar update on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- On March 12, In response to growing concerns about the spread of COVID-19 and its potential impact on the delivery of services to individuals with an intellectual disability or autism, the Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) has developed operational guidance and recommendations for providers of intellectual disability and autism services.
- On March 6, Governor Wolf and Secretary Levine confirmed the first two presumptive positive cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Pennsylvania and the governor signed an emergency disaster declaration to provide increased support to state agencies involved in the response to the virus.
A resource developed by DOH entitled, “Long Term Care Facility Visitation Guidance” contains guidance on important strategies to prevent the introduction of respiratory germs through the monitoring of visitors and healthcare workers.
- On March 2, an ODP Health Alert on Coronavirus was released to all stakeholders;
which provided valuable information and links to resources.